(please read entire article)
We support an amendment that does the following:
- Ends the judicial fiction of corporate Constitutional rights.
- Requires Congress to regulate campaign finance.
- Mandates public financing of public elections.
We also support these non-amendment solutions:
- Ending the revolving door between lobbyists and the executive and legislative branches of the government.
- Restructuring the Federal Election Commission to give it prosecutorial power and neutral, non-political commissioners.Requiring the disclosure and complete transparency of all independent political expenditures.
- Banning lobbyists from acting as either fundraisers or bundlers.